Monday, November 12th, 2012

by admin on November 12, 2012

Ryan Fleming comes to cater to controversies, big and small. There’s the controvery over what was supposed to be a throwaway pair of jokes in Skyfall. That’s nothing compared to the controversy over Kevin Clash, the voice of Elmo, potentially throwing away his career chasing after a 16 year old boy on the set of Sesame Street. That’s nothing compared to the controversy of Papa John’s owner publicly letting the world know what a miserly jerk he really is. That’s nothing compared to the controversy of a fair chunk of the country trying to put proceedings into motion that would allow 12 states to legally secede from the union. And all of that pales before the mighty shadow that is the Wii U finally coming out this Sunday. Priorities, people. Priorities.

Iain November 12, 2012 at 11:19 pm

You know whats funny? The show shoots itself right after I go into a TFAW and tell the manager how awesome they are and how they are a great investment as such the next day is followed by trajedy

James Fox November 13, 2012 at 8:30 am

I don’t know how they are going to wrap up all the different story lines.
I saw a leaked script for season 8 and Byron gets possessed by the soul of Ronald Reagan.

James Fox November 13, 2012 at 8:35 am

Courtney and Leia become successful bank robbers.

David Walker gets cast as Lando’s son in Episode 7.

Ryan Fleming gets kidnapped by Kevin Spacey and taken to Fiji.

Mike Russell releases his own line of upscale cologne.

heh November 13, 2012 at 9:37 am

Today’s episode of CortandFatboy features a preview of their next podcast starting December 8th where they will be deconstructing Prometheus one minute per episode. it’s called “Riding Ridley w/ CortandBobby”

I think we can all agree beforehand that Fifield likes rocks.

laddle November 13, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I think we can all agree that most astro-geologists in the future will be completely bored idiots who act like they have toxoplasmosis, have no interest in the significance of their work, and who would smoke weed even while lost in an alien room filled with angry penis worms.

Dan November 13, 2012 at 10:44 am

Costco Astoria would be the exception. 2 years and was over it.

SErepresent November 13, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Hey Bobby, I don’t know who came up with the idea of mashing Zelda and ‘The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly’ first but I thought you should know about these other two that suspiciously came out one and two years after yours, http://ninjaink.deviantart.com/art/A-Fistful-of-Rupees-207782306
and
I realize that they’re probably not connected to your remix in anyway, and that you probably don’t care, but if felt weird seeing the name of your song/remix turned into a trailer and you not mentioned anywhere but a few comments.

Bryant Burnette November 14, 2012 at 3:33 am

I first heard that “Bond is a code-name” theory put forth maybe a decade or so ago. I thought it was a stretch then, and I think it’s a stretch now … but yep, for a second during “Skyfall,” I thought they were going down that road.

I’m glad they didn’t. There should only ever be one Bond, no matter how many dudes play him over the years. And anyways, what real-world sense would it make for there to be a legacy code-name in the secret service?

Bobby November 14, 2012 at 11:10 am

About as much sense as it makes for said secret agent to introduce himself to everyone he meets by using his real first and last name, and no disguises.

A fundamental misunderstanding of the word “Secret” has been a key part of how James Bond works :)

Again – EON basically trolled the fans who even know about this theory. They definitely closed the door on the idea that James Bond is a codename – but by centering a plot around the idea that everyone else in MI6 DOES have a codename, including Silva, they leave the idea open that Bond COULD BE a codename in the future. At least they leave it open for those who choose to continue arguing that theory.

Diabolical!

Bryant Burnette November 14, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Good point on the subject of the lack of secrecy in Bond’s approach to serving secretly.

I’d hate for them to ever go down the road of saying that Bond is just a code name, for the simple reason that when they finally get around to having the role be played by a black man — be it Idris Elba a few years from now, or some dude who hasn’t been born yet forty years from now (and I suspect it’ll be the latter) — then I’d hate for there to be wiggle room in that move. I don’t want there to be the out of saying “Oh, well he’s not REALLY James Bond, he’s just a guy going by the name James Bond.”

No, I want him to be THE James Bond.

What a banner day for racist comments that’ll be on Yahoo…

Dave Gursom November 15, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Dammit, Bobby, now I can’t get the “Superstacker Zombies” jingle out of my head!