Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012

by admin on May 2, 2012

Courtenay Hameister of Live Wire Radio! is joined by Craig May, the mind behind Spicy News. You would think a man who puts peppers in the faces of Portland’s finest comics might not have much in common with a woman who interviews Pulitzer Prize winners, but in fact, they both a) have dealt with crippling bouts of stage fright and b) have dealt with roommates in the most passive-aggressive of ways, as is classic roommate tradition; The show starts with a trip into Craig’s stand-up history, and ends with his personal adventures at the Stumptown Comics Festival, but somewhere in between, how we fight with each other, WHY we fight with each other, and what those fights actually MEAN all get discussed. Other topics include – Bobby’s unifying theory of Family Guy, why Parks & Rec is a more satisfying show than Community, even though Community can be way more genius about its comedy, and the Portland rule of thirds when it comes to live audiences.

Caleb May 2, 2012 at 8:50 pm

I’m just glad I’m not the only guy from Portland who loves Parks and Rec and Community. Thursday night is all about NBC baby.

Anonymous May 3, 2012 at 8:38 am

Genitals licked by a feline. Do anime catgirls count?

BuffaloRiderSD May 3, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Not sure where else to put this…. Saw this just now and wondered what the Thursday gang’s thoughts on the matter would be.

I find myself shying from the shows that delve too deeply into religion because absolutism on either end of the spectrum doesn’t seem like the solution to the discord, and both Cort & Fatboy (as well as most of their guests) seem pretty absolute in their beliefs. Nothing wrong with that, just hard for me to listen to.

But this, I think could generate some interesting discourse. I’m willing to listen if you guys are willing to talk.

BrainAmoeba May 3, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Performing in front of a crowd has got to be terrifying, lots of good ideas to help with the fear, I will try to retain those ideas. I can’t wait to see you on Spicy News Bobby!
Awesome :)

Andrew May 3, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Parks and rec is funny as hell, but story-wise it isn’t doing anything the Office didn’t do six years ago. Also the first season was fucking terrible. Advantage Community. Also,
Alison Brie.

Andrew May 3, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Oh and the best sitcom is obviously 2 Broke Girls

Brandon Was Here May 4, 2012 at 6:34 am

My cat licks the shower walls, licks my house plants, and only likes to drink the water that gets left behind in the dish you put under a potted plant? What’s up with that?
I always offer him clean refreshing cool water, but he is a weirdo?
So many questions, I wish I knew Catonese?

Alex May 4, 2012 at 3:24 pm

The Ear wax thing so true. I just scratched my ear once and my cat would not leave my finger alone. They love it.