Wednesday, November 7th, 2012

by admin on November 7, 2012

When things change, awkwardness tends to ensue. Wednesdays are changed, because Leia Weathington is joining Courtenay Hameister for the remainder of the show’s run. And guess what – Awkwardness happens. First, political conversation happens, which is welcomed by Courtenay as a means of getting away from topics of a more therapeutic nature. But then there’s the awkwardness, and guess what happens? A long discussion on why asking forgiveness isn’t an easy thing, and trying to skate on a lie is never a great call, and the gentle art of holding grudges, which goes hand in hand with the less delicate art of self-flagellation. Amidst all this, Roxy the Homing Chug destroys a nerf ball and prematurely ends the show. Which is kinda awkward. So it fits. Enjoy.

What November 7, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Ok, I was fine with you guys stopping the show. You have worked hard for us for many years. But to stop the show right when Big Jim comes back with Byron Beck. Those are the best shows.

After you guys are gone Jim and Byron should start a podcast.

Bobby November 8, 2012 at 10:16 am

Jim already has a podcast, thrice weekly, with Don Frost.

Big J November 7, 2012 at 11:00 pm

My question for the day is: Will the shows be archived? The KUFO archives aren’t available anymore and I’d like for the post-KUFO stuff to at-least be available.

Voltron November 8, 2012 at 2:09 am

I agree. I only have so many on my computer and would like to see an archive with at least the post-KUFO shows.

Bobby November 8, 2012 at 10:20 am

The site isn’t going anywhere immediately after the show stops, and we don’t plan on pulling the show – there won’t have to be archive teams coming in and sweeping up broken pieces into one convenient pile. That pile is here. :)

That said, and this is just my personal opinion – there’s really only a couple handfuls of shows worth keeping. A lot of this shit is completely disposable, and re-listening to some old, past-its-expiration-date stuff when you could be discovering new shows, new people to listen to, new voices to enjoy, seems wasteful, to me.

I like that people wanna relisten to our shows (even years-old shows), that feels good, but I don’t want people getting stuck in a rut. There’s good stuff out there now that people should be checking out, and you don’t even have to wait until December 7th to start doing so.

Geekoid November 8, 2012 at 8:01 am

If the Electoral college didn’t go away after the events in 1968, I doubt it’s going away anytime soon. 2/3 senate. 2/3 house, and 3/4 of the states aren’t going to agree in the current environment. It’s just whipping boy for people who can’t accept the lost becasue they aren’t wanted.
Becasue the change the constitution to limit the Representative to 435 regardless of population, the electoral college gets screwed. Still the ratio between most populated and least populated state isn’t really that much.

Cereal is awesome. One of the great mystery of life is why it’s so damn good at midnight.

Managing creative people. Creative people aren’t the problem. People with a lack of professionalism is the problem, and people who don’t call them out on it are also part of the problem. frankly, someone blows you off, then lies about it should be getting work.

Brandon November 8, 2012 at 11:46 am

A suggestion: I think you guys should, at some point over the coming days and weeks, offer up a list of podcasts that y’all listen to yourselves. I, myself, could use some recommendations. I’ve been living on a steady diet of Cort & Fatboy and Real Time With Bill Maher since, like, forever.

Big J November 8, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Will you guy at-least make guest appearances on other local podcasts every once-in-a-while? I’m talking about both of you, as a team. I know Bobby at-least does appears on other shows from time-to-time.

Anonymous November 8, 2012 at 11:23 pm

And they decided to listen to this episode of Cort and Fatboy.

Bobby November 8, 2012 at 11:47 pm

I wonder how many of our shows pass the Bechdel test?

I remember Mike bringing up the Bechdel test on an episode way back in, what, 2008? Something like that.

burn70down November 9, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Leia made a great addition to Wednesday’s just like she did to Thursday shows. I have a feeling she would probably make a great addition to any of the days. :)

Brian Walz November 9, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Except for her irrational hatred of cereal…